Workshop instructions for today:
- Overview of Gdrive + SIF platform
- Business Model 1st draft
- Select riskiest assumption
- Develop strategy on how to test customer hypothesis + problem hypothesis (What do you need to test?, who will you talk to?, how to contact them?, what is your script?, when will you do it?
- Develop/revise customer interviewing script
- Schedule and plan 1st mentoring session
Tasks to complete before October 6th
On October 6th every team will present for 3 minutes. The presentation should include: What you set out to test, how you tested you hypothesis, what you learned, what you will do next.
Tasks to complete before Oct 6th:
Create an online version of your business model using GDocs template
Conduct 5-10 customer interviews to validate need + product idea
- What is the risky assumption you’re trying to test?
(is there a need?, is there a market gap?, can you make money?)
- Where will you find your customer?
- How will you contact them?
- What will you ask during the interview?
- Who’s taking notes?
Analyze the market for size and competitors (conduct online search to learn about your problem, the context, existing players in the industry)
Use insights to come up with a new idea we can test in phase 2.